Tuesday (9/6) NCC C Ride - Last Time North

Chris Stratton

Sep 5, 2022, 3:00:25 PM9/5/22
to NCC Discussion Group
Should the weather clear in time to permit it, Tuesday September 6th's penultimate C ride of the season will venture north through the flats of the Hatfield, get its workout climbing briefly challenging Westbrook and Haydenville roads to the Mountain Street reservoir, return via the big fun descent of North Farms and conclude with a relaxed roll down the trail from Florence to State Street, for a total of 22.5 miles and 905 feet.

I'd like to remind everyone that the final NCC weeknight ride of the season will be an "all in" ride along the river next Wednesday September 14th, followed by a club pizza party. We C riders are very much encouraged to join the rest of the club on that more relaxed and sociable capstone version of the Wednesday Night Ride and weeknight series overall, so I hope we'll be strongly represented.  Given that Wednesday ride will be a flat river course and that Tuesday the 13th's time trial will be in Hatfield, I'm thinking our final C ride on the 13th should be something different, probably a chipmunk variation, and I'm also trying to pick directions that mean less setting sun in our eyes.  That all means that this Tuesday (if we get to ride it) is probably the last chance to take the C ride north, so I wanted to include both some Hatfield river plain, and also some of the Whately hills.

I'll be watching the weather report through the day Tuesday in hopes things will clear in time to announce that the ride is on.  Much as I'd hate to lose our penultimate ride, the landscape certainly needs the water.

Chris