Tuesday Night Zwift Ride (12/22)

Michael T. Bello

Dec 20, 2020, 5:58:47 PM12/20/20
to NCC Discussion Group

On Tuesday at 8 PM, I’m planning the Astoria Line 8 route in New York City. (https://www.strava.com/segments/19141340). This will be a 60 minute ride.

If anyone is interested, just follow me on Zwift (Michael Bello - NCC) and I'll add you to the invite. If you follow me, please send me a note.

A few recommendations...

Zwift now allows late joiners to Meetups. Give yourself a few extra minutes to join the ride anyway (on Zwift 5 minutes before the ride would be ideal).

Please wear the NCC jersey. This makes it easier to recognize who is in the group. On a computer, log into Zwift, once riding, press “P” on you keyboard and enter NCCMAKIT. After that, you can use the jersey on any device running Zwift (laptop, tablet, phone, etc.).

Our previous rides were enhanced with conversations on Discord. After installing Discord, ˙˙use the NCC invite to join the conversation: https://discordapp.com/invite/uXdHm7m

If you are new to Discord, I recommend this article on ZwiftInsider: https://zwiftinsider.com/using-discord/. Please pay particular attention to Step 4: "Discord automatically places you in the text chat channel, which isn’t where you want to be. Click the hamburger menu (3 lines at top-left) to view all the channels on the server. Click “General” under voice channels, then click “Connect to Voice” to join the general voice chat."

I also recommend testing Discord out prior to the ride. Feel free to contact me if you want to test Discord.

Michael T. Bello

Dec 22, 2020, 10:27:03 PM12/22/20
to NCC Discussion Group, Michael T. Bello
This evening, we had eight riders (Ari, Charlie, Chris, Henry, Joe, Melissa, Zinj, and me) navigating around Central Park. We stayed on the "lower level" of the park so we could see the holiday lights on the trees.

In our 60 minute ride, we covered multiple laps of the Astoria Line 8 route (approximately 20 miles with 1,325 feet of climbing).

Henry joined us for the first time tonight. We didn't even scare him off with our Discord conversation! Zinj continues his power meter testing. We discussed last night's race. We all agreed that it was very fast. Who knows what Jonathan has in store for us next week! We encouraged Joe and Henry to join the racing fun. Joe told us about skiing near the DAR early today.

Chris and Joe earned the Astoria Line 8 route achievement, which doubled their XP points for the first lap.

As a reminder, there is no HC/TT for the next two weeks (12/24 and 12/31). We will complete the last two events of the Fall series in January.

Here is the NCC Zwift schedule:

- Mon afternoon - Road Race (times will vary between 5 PM and 7 PM EST)
- Tue 8:00 PM - Social Ride (invite required)
- Thu 5:30 PM - Time Trial / Hill Climb (solo effort, TT bike required) (invite required)
- Sat 9:00 AM - Social Ride (invite required)

Follow Michael Bello on Zwift for invites to the invite-only rides.

Check the calendar page at www.nohobikeclub.org for full details on all events.