Tuesday Night Zwift Ride (3/30)

Michael T. Bello

Mar 28, 2021, 10:16:05 PM3/28/21
to NCC Discussion Group

On Tuesday at 8 PM, I’m planning the Park Perimeter route in New York City (https://www.strava.com/segments/19170651). This will be a 60 minute ride.

If anyone is interested, just follow me on Zwift (Michael Bello - NCC) and I'll add you to the invite. If you follow me, please send me a note.

A few recommendations...

Zwift now allows late joiners to Meetups, but it does not always work. Give yourself a few extra minutes to join the ride anyway (on Zwift 5 minutes before the ride would be ideal).

Please wear the NCC jersey. This makes it easier to recognize who is in the group. On a computer, log into Zwift, once riding, press “P” on you keyboard and enter NCCMAKIT. After that, you can use the jersey on any device running Zwift (laptop, tablet, phone, etc.).

Our previous rides were enhanced with conversations on Discord. After installing Discord, ˙˙use the NCC invite to join the conversation: https://discordapp.com/invite/uXdHm7m

If you are new to Discord, I recommend this article on ZwiftInsider: https://zwiftinsider.com/using-discord/. Please pay particular attention to Step 4: "Discord automatically places you in the text chat channel, which isn’t where you want to be. Click the hamburger menu (3 lines at top-left) to view all the channels on the server. Click “General” under voice channels, then click “Connect to Voice” to join the general voice chat."

I also recommend testing Discord out prior to the ride. Feel free to contact me if you want to test Discord.

Michael T. Bello

Mar 30, 2021, 10:19:03 PM3/30/21
to NCC Discussion Group, Michael T. Bello
With a tired group of riders after yesterday's conclusion to the Zwift Race Series, we rode the Park Perimeter Loop in New York City.

We had five riders (Charlie, Jaime, Melissa, Zinj, and me). In our 60 minutes, we covered approximately 20 miles with 1,300 feet of climbing.

The outdoor time trial/hill climb series starts on Tuesday (4/6). Next week, the social ride switches to Thursday nights.

On Discord, we heard about Jaime's latest projects. Zinj is immersing himself in flight simulators again. Last night's race was discussed.

My legs were tired and I fell a bit behind the group. Charlie informed the everyone that I was "chasing." That implied I was attempting to catch the group, which was not happening today.

Zinj is convinced that he will be the only one who is aero for the outdoor time trial. He was also concerned that Melissa did not know the size of the tires on her bike and that they were 25 mm. After the ride, Melissa shared a photo. She was correct, the tires are 23 mm.

The NCC Zwift Hill Climb/Time Trial Series concludes on Thursday. Double points are on the line with the Alpe du Zwift challenge. Just follow Michael Bello on Zwift for an invite.