For sale: Adams Trail-a-Bike Folder One tagalong bike

Jonathan Shefftz

Sep 2, 2021, 9:33:23 AM9/2/21
to NCC Discussion Group

Adams Trail-a-Bike Folder One tagalong bike.  Details here:

https://www.trail-a-bike.com/products/trail-a-bikes/original-folder-one/

https://www.trail-a-bike.com/img/manual/08.trail-a-bike-owners.manual.en.pdf

We used this until our daughter was eleven years old.  At around 70 pounds, she was still within the official weight limit, but I felt like she should be using her own bike all the time, instead of relying upon Daddy (i.e., me).

Condition = been used a lot, but never abused, and abuse probably wouldn't make any difference since this thing is so bomber.  (Although that also means it probably weighs  as much as a couple of my own bikes combined!)  Comes with all four seat post adapters for the hitch.

I have this posted for $95 on Craigslist and Facebook but would be happy to sell for far less to avoid dealing with any weirdos there.  (As opposed to my fellow NCC biking enthusiast weirdos!)

A couple important points that may or may not be obvious:

1. Don't even think about trying to attach this to a carbon seatpost!

2. I would not recommend this to your neighbor or colleague who is a weak shaky cyclist, as the adult in the lead needs to a solid rider in order to be prepared for the occasional unbalancing gyrations from the tagalong.

Can also include a Specialized Shuffle bike helmet, size 50-55cm, in excellent condition, no crashes ever.

Note that the riding pictures that look like they were taken somewhere else were indeed taken somewhere else (Boulder), with a rental tagalong, but same model.  (Commentary from our daughter to accompany those pictures = “I pedal only when we’re going downhill.” & “Are you sweaty?  I’m not!”)

IMG_20210830_141030815.jpg
20180826_095155-1.jpg
IMG_20200817_193133825_2.jpg
20180826_095156-1.jpg