Attend a Workshop for Data and Software Skills!

Jaki Frisina

Sep 22, 2021, 10:12:54 AM9/22/21
to NELA ITS
Hello everyone!

Have you wanted to level up your data or software knowledge and skills? Are you a public librarian? If so, join us for our free Library Carpentry workshop to learn about the following topics in a hands-on learning style:
  • Introduction to Data - what it is and why it matters
  • Using the software Open Refine to clean, manipulate, and edit your data in a free and easy interface
  • How to create and use regular expressions (REGEX) to find the exact data you need
  • Using the UNIX shell (also known as a terminal or "command line") to work with files
Please don't feel intimidated - our instructors will go over each topic at a slow pace that is great for beginners!

Register for this free virtual workshop and plan to join us Tuesday, Oct 5 through Friday, Oct 8, from 9 AM-1 PM. Further information including setup instructions and the Zoom information will follow.

Take a look at our workshop website for further details about these topics within the Library Carpentry curriculum and details of attending the workshop.

Please feel free to reach out to me or anyone listed on the workshop website. We are happy to answer any question or concern that you might have!

Best,
Jaki
--
Jacqueline Frisina