Reader. Voter. Ready Initiative

NELA Member At Large 1

Jul 11, 2024, 1:00:34 PM (11 days ago) Jul 11
to New England Library Association Discussion List

Hi, all,

Please see the information below about ALA's new "Reader. Voter. Ready." initiative, which is meant to improve voter engagement as the election approaches.

As you know, ALA has launched Reader. Voter. Ready.
We have created state-specific GIFs to promote the Reader. Voter. Ready. campaign. State GIFs:  ALA Chapter GIFs
You can use this gif throughout the election season, along with out other voter engagement graphics, which you can find at the RVR homepage.
We are three months out from National Voter Registration Day, which will be a major call to action. You can use these graphics in social media posts requesting participation in NVRD leading up to the event on September 17. Sample copy for general RVR posts as well as NVRD-specific ones can be found below.
We hope all chapters will be able to share this campaign on their socials and email lists.
Please remember to use the hashtag #RVR when sharing on Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin or X.
Sample social copy:
[STATE] library lovers are getting Reader. Voter. Ready. this election season with the help of ALA. Visit ALA's voter engagement homepage to join the campaign, get resources to engage your community, and get future updates between now and election day! www.ala.org/advocacy/reader-voter-ready
[STATE] libraries are major sites of civic engagement and frequent annual participants in National Voter Registration Day. This #NVRD, make sure that your library is signed up for an official NVRD event on our voter engagement page. Let's get our community to the polls! www.ala.org/advocacy/reader-voter-ready
Thank you for your continued partnership and support in pushing this out!

Thanks,

Aaron Coutu-Jones
Member-at-Large

Jon Martin
Program Manager - Chapter Relations Office (CRO)
American Library Association
He/Him/His
jma...@ala.org
Aaron J. Coutu-Jones, MLIS (he/him)