Upcoming online learning opportunities from UW-Madison iSchool

CASEY INEICHEN

Jun 13, 2024, 10:22:56 AMJun 13
to nela-discu...@nelib.org
Summer Online Courses
10% early-bird discount for registering at least two weeks early!

As librarians we’re steeped in story—through our patron interactions, in our communities and programs, and, of course, on our shelves. How can we use the power of story to bring out the best in our communities and our work? How can we craft library advocacy stories with the greatest transformative effect? This course explores the impact of advocacy stories in a shifting library landscape and how to implement library advocacy through strategies that both uncover and inspire community heroes.
--
Tech Crash Course: AI & Libraries Webinar Series

When: Everything Thursday in October
Where: Online, Zoom Webinar
Register Today: go.wisc.edu/wec42e

Join experts for a series of engaging and practical webinars focused on the opportunities and  challenges libraries are now presented with when it comes to ChatGPT and other generative AI. Whether you are new to AI, cautiously optimistic about what AI can do for you and your staff, or questioning the uses of AI we have a session for you.

  • AI & Libraries: A Very Short Introduction
  • Navigating the AI Landscape: Information Literacy in the Digital Age
  • Uses & Abuses of AI in Libraries
  • Unlocking Tomorrow's Libraries: Navigating Generative AI
  • Can AI be Fair? The Ethical Uses of Generative AI in Libraries

--
Questions? Email ce-...@ischool.wisc.edu