USETDA 2021 Conference Invitation

John Hagen

Aug 13, 2021, 6:33:19 PM8/13/21
to ETD

Dear Colleague,

The USETDA has announced their 11th annual conference—USETDA 2021—Making Connections: Scholarly Communication in the Digital Age. In an effort to provide a safe meeting environment as well as to preserve the work and funding already put into this year’s conference,  we are pleased to announce that the USETDA 2021 Conference will be held as an online event, scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday, September 22 – 23, 2021 (all times Eastern). Please visit our USETDA 2021 Conference Update – COVID-19 Statement for complete information about this transition. To register visit our registration information Web page.

USETDA Conferences are an excellent educational opportunity for ETD professionals from graduate schools, libraries, academic computing and others who work with electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs). The conference theme “Making Connections – Scholarly Communication in the Digital Age” will focus on the impact and implications of connecting scholars and research from across the country and around the world. We will examine the present use and availability of ETDs and related initiatives while also exploring new and emerging ETD practices, needs, and influences impacting administrative, graduate school and library professionals.

This year’s program includes two keynote plenary panel presentations including audience participation.

Wednesday, September 22nd   “Publish or Perish? A Panel Discussion on the Quandaries of Open Access and ETDs.” Panelists include  Peter Suber – Harvard University Libraries, Gail McMillan – Virginia Tech Libraries, Kathleen Driskell – Chair, Association of Writers and Writing Programs, Maha Bali – American University in Cairo, Mehraban Shadi – St. John’s University, Michael Brooks – Bowling Green State University.

Thursday, September 23rd  “The Survey of Earned Doctorates – Tips on Compliance, Privacy and Institutional Data Resources.” Panelists include Patricia Green and Peter Einaudi, RTI International.

Program Highlights

The full program includes two interactive keynote plenary panel discussions, twelve 20-minute brief breakout presentations, fourteen 40-minute extended breakout presentations, two live poster presentations including user group meetings as well as a variety of networking opportunities. All presentations will be delivered “live” via Hopin during the virtual conference. You will be able to view all of the presentations in the Conference Proceedings. You can view the full program in our USETDA 2021 Conference-at-a-glance.

Networking Opportunities

Image permission courtesy of Creative Commons.

You will have the opportunity to participate in a number of structured as well as informal networking opportunities to discuss a variety of ETD topics with colleagues and special interest groups including live presentations delivered via Hopin with virtual audience participation and discussion options, user’s group meetings and breakout sessions throughout the conference.

Conference Workshop

We are pleased to offer intensive learning experiences through our conference workshop series. This year’s workshop is “Preparing Students for ETD Format Review: A Discussion of Workshop Best Practices”. For a complete description, visit the conference workshops Web page.

Registration

Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to learn more and share your experiences with colleagues at USETDA 2021! Member registration is only $69 or $169 at the non-member rate. To register visit our registration information Web page.

We hope to see you online at USETDA 2021.

Kind Regards,
USETDA Conference Organizing Committee

USETDA 2021