Last Call for Proposals - USETDA 2021 Conference

John Hagen

Apr 9, 2021, 4:25:54 PM4/9/21
to ETD

Dear Colleague,

The US Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Association (USETDA) will hold their 11th annual conference, “USETDA 2021” on September 22 – 23 as a virtual event. We invite graduate school, library, information technology and industry professionals to submit proposals for presentations, panel sessions, workshops, and posters.

Deadline: Proposals should be submitted on or before April 16, 2021 to be considered.

Cost: Presenters will receive complimentary registration.

Publication: We hope that after the conference, authors will consider submitting a research manuscript to J-ETD (The Journal of Electronic Theses and Dissertations), hosted by the NDLTD. We encourage authors to gather feedback and ideas from colleagues about the topic or research discussed in their conference presentation in order to write a more effective paper.

Audience: USETDA 2021 provides excellent educational opportunities for professionals from graduate schools, libraries, academic computing and others who work with electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs), institutional repositories, graduate students, and scholarly communications. Our goal is to offer relevant, practice-oriented content that supports ETD productivity improvement, and ETD professionals, advances ETD operations, and encourages the formation of regional ETD associations and networking communities, as well as provide useful and innovative resources, standards, and technology for the development and support of ETD programs. Proposals are welcome from library, graduate school, information technology professionals, graduate students, and faculty as well as library and information systems / services representatives.

Theme: The conference theme “Making Connections – Scholarly Communication in the Digital Age” will focus on the impact and implications of connecting scholars and research from across the country and around the world. We will examine the present use and availability of ETDs and related initiatives. We will also explore new and emerging ETD practices, needs, and influences that impact administrative, graduate school, and library professionals.

Visit https://www.ocs.usetda.org/index.php/USETDA/USETDA2021/schedConf/cfp to view the USETDA 2021 Conference Call for Proposals Web page and to submit your paper, presentation, panel session or poster proposal online.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,

USETDA 2021 Conference Planning Committee

  --

United States Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Association (USETDA)
564 Brysen Ave.