USETDA 2023 Conference Invitation

John Hagen

Jul 30, 2023, 11:14:34 PM7/30/23
to ETD

Dear Colleagues,

The United States Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Association (USETDA) will hold its 13th annual conference from September 20 – 21, 2023 as a virtual event via Zoom. To register, visit our registration information Web page.

USETDA 2023 Conference Logo
About USETDA 2023

USETDA 2023 will provide excellent educational opportunities for graduate school, library, disability and student services, offices of diversity, equity and inclusion, information technology and industry professionals and others who work with electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs), institutional repositories, graduate students and scholarly communications.

The conference theme “Access and Accessibility: Exploring Equity and Inclusion in Digital Scholarship” will delve into accessibility as it impacts various aspects of the creation and dissemination of scholarly work. We will examine the present use and availability of ETDs and related initiatives. We will also explore new and emerging ETD practices, needs, and influences that impact administrative, graduate school, and library professionals.

Program Highlights

This year’s program includes a variety of engaging panel discussions, presentations, posters, networking sessions and a workshop on accessibility. For complete details, visit our Program Schedule.

Sign reading designers should always keep their users in mind

Rallying A11Y Stakeholders: Digital Accessibility Project Planning Roundtable Session (Lily Compton and Kristin Terrill, (Iowa State University Graduate College)

OhioLINK Accessibility Local Implementation Panel Discussion (Emily Flynn, OhioLINK; Kim Fleshman, Bowling Green State University Graduate College; Teri Green, The University of Toledo College of Graduate Studies; Tim Watson, The Ohio State University Graduate School; Cynthia Kristoff, Kent State University-University Libraries; and Natalie Cowan, Case Western Reserve University School of Graduate Studies)

Piloting an Asynchronous ETD Pre-check: Serving the Off-campus and the Time-poor (Kristin Terrill, Lily Compton and Thomas Elliott, Iowa State University Graduate College)

From Correcting Margins to Creating Best Practices: Reconsidering the Role and Responsibilities of the Thesis Office – (Heidi Arbisi-Kelm, Erin Kaufman, University of Iowa Graduate College; Ashley Messersmith, Purdue University Graduate College; Valerie Emmerson (George Washington University Libraries). Moderator: Emily Wuchner.

You Can’t Access a Reference that Isn’t There: Interventions that Promote the Persistence of Web-Based Evidence in ETDs (Potvin Sarah, Kathy Anders, Tina Budzise-Weaver, Texas A&M University Libraries and Martin Klein, Los Alamos National Laboratory)

The Thesis Workspace: Creating On-demand Access to Thesis-Writing Resources (Emily Wuchner, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Graduate College)

Educate keyboard
Networking Opportunities

You will have the opportunity to participate in a number of networking activities to discuss a variety of ETD topics with colleagues and special interest groups including the ETD Formatting User’s Group, ETD Administrator User’s Group, OhioLINK User’s Group and the Community Engagement Group meetings.

Conference Workshop

We are pleased to offer intensive learning experiences through our conference workshop series. This year’s workshop will focus on accessibility. Presenters include: Teri Green (The University of Toledo College of Graduate Studies, Kim Fleshman (Bowling Green State University Graduate College), Austin McLean (ProQuest). For a complete description, visit the conference workshops Web page.

Registration
colleagues together

Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to learn more and share your experiences with colleagues at USETDA 2023! Member registration is only $169 or $269 at the non-member rate through September 14th. To register for the conference, visit our registration information Web page.

We hope to see you online at USETDA 2023!

Warm Regards,
USETDA Conference Organizing Committee

USETDA 2023