USETDA 2024 Call for Proposals - Deadline Extended through March 29th

John Hagen

Mar 21, 2024, 2:34:58 PMMar 21
to ETD

Dear Colleague,

You’re invited to participate in USETDA 2024, our 14th annual conference, to be held September 25-27, 2024 as a hybrid event on the campus of Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah and online via Zoom. We are seeking proposals for panel discussions, breakout and poster presentations, flash talks as well as workshops and tutorials from graduate school, library and industry professionals. Specifically, we are looking for intersectional discussions, presentations and collaborations including: cross-institutional analysis and sharing resources across campuses, graduate school vs. library perspectives and pairing similar discussion and presentation topics.

Deadline: Proposal abstracts should be submitted on or before March 29, 2024 to be considered for the conference program.

Theme: The conference theme “Tech’s Next Frontier: Transforming Research & Digital Scholarship” will explore technology as it impacts various aspects of the creation and dissemination of scholarly work. We interpret this theme broadly and encourage presentations that bring new light to these important topics. Some areas for possible investigation include:

  • Identifying strategies and best practices as we educate stakeholders on new technologies including artificial intelligence applications and adapt our processes

  • Access and accessibility considerations including embargoes, open access, ease of access, and discoverability of ETDs in repositories

  • Understanding and responding to the changing needs of students, graduate schools and libraries in a quickly evolving landscape

  • Advocating for access to the tools and support that students, graduate school and library professionals, and IT personnel need to complete the thesis and digital publishing process.

Proposals should reflect one or more of the following three categories: Research Practices, Streamlining ETD Processing, and the Impact of ETDs. Presenters are encouraged to use the examples under the subtopics as inspiration, but are not limited to these ideas and can expand upon them or generate new ones based on the subtopic themes.

To submit your proposal and view additional ideas for discussion topics, please visit https://easychair.org/cfp/usetda2024.

We hope to hear from you soon about your ETD program challenges and successes!

Kind regards,

USETDA 2024 Conference Organizing Committee

Tech's Next Frontier: Transforming Research & Digital Scholarship. USETDA 2024 - BYU, Provo, Utah.