ETD2017 Symposium Registration Now Open

John Hagen

Apr 21, 2017, 4:30:23 PM4/21/17
to Listserv (ETD-L) NDLTD

Dear Colleagues,

Registration is now open for the ETD2017 Symposium. The Early-bird rate is only $99 (developing nations) or $199 for the rest of the world and the hotel conference rate is $179 per night (includes breakfast). Complete registration information is available online.

ETD2017, the 20th international symposium on electronic theses and dissertations will be held August 7 – 9, 2017  at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Washington, D.C. The conference will be hosted by George Mason University with additional support from the Washington Research Library Consortium and co-organized by the Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD) and the United States Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Association (USETDA).

ETD2017 will provide excellent educational opportunities for professionals from graduate schools, libraries, academic computing and others who work with electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs), institutional repositories, graduate students and scholarly communications. Our goal is to offer relevant, practice-oriented content to support ETD productivity improvement, ETD professionals, advance ETD operations and encourage the formation of regional ETD associations and networking communities as well as to provide useful and innovative resources, standards, and technology for the development and support of ETD programs.

This year’s program includes keynote speaker Clifford Lynch, CNI Executive Director. Clifford Lynch has led the Coalition for Networked Information (CNI) since 1997. CNI, jointly sponsored by the Association of Research Libraries and EDUCAUSE, includes about 200 member organizations concerned with the intelligent uses of information technology and networked information to enhance scholarship and intellectual life. CNI’s wide-ranging agenda includes work in digital preservation, data intensive scholarship, teaching, learning and technology, and infrastructure and standards development.

Cliff Lynch is a well-known and sought-after speaker on topics such as library research, the future of digital libraries and how technology impacts librarianship. In his keynote address “Re-thinking Institutional Repositories and Evolving Ideas about ETDs” Lynch will talk about the role of institutional repositories and ETDs, critical assessments and directions for the future.

The full program includes 3 workshops, 35 breakout presentations (26 brief and 9 extended presentations) including user group meetings, plenary sessions, a poster presentation session, a technology vendor fair as well as a variety of networking opportunities. You can view the list of presentations in the Conference Proceedings (Note: presentations and papers will be made available at conference time). For an overview of the conference activities visit our Program Overview Webpage.

Before, during and after the conference you can enjoy and experience the many facets of Washington, DC. For tour and entertainment ideas visit our Welcome to Washington, DC Webpage.

Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to learn more and share your experiences with colleagues at ETD2017! To register visit our registration information Web page.

We hope to see you in Washington, DC at ETD2017.

Kind Regards,

ETD2017 Conference Planning Committee

ETD2017

--

United States Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Association (USETDA)
PO Box 97