Handling color and black&white pages in ETD

Matt Kramer

Sep 30, 2015, 4:53:01 PM9/30/15
to e...@ndltd.org
We work with a local bindery to provide personal copies of student dissertations. During our most recent round the bindery said that all of the PDF files I submitted were color (RGB) pages. Most of the pages should have been black and white.

Some of these files were PDFs created by students; others I created via Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Has anyone run into this problem? What instructions do you give your students to set the settings to Black & White (or grey scale?) and RGB to generate the appropriate page settings for their dissertations?

Matt Kramer
Librarian
William James College
1 Wells Avenue