Fwd: Join Us for the Science School of Quantitative Ecology! 🌍 (Registration is Open)

doc. RNDr. Michal Vinkler, Ph.D.

Jun 24, 2024, 11:57:38 AMJun 24
to info-ev...@natur.cuni.cz

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Od: <mot...@natur.cuni.cz>
Date: po 24. 6. 2024 14:37
Subject: Join Us for the Science School of Quantitative Ecology! 🌍 (Registration is Open)
To: <zool...@natur.cuni.cz>
Cc: <michal....@natur.cuni.cz>, <ivan.c...@natur.cuni.cz>, <hejn...@natur.cuni.cz>

Dear ecology enthusiasts,

Are you interested in macroecology, macroevolution, biogeography, or paleoecology? If so, join us for the upcoming Summer School in Quantitative Ecology! 🌿

Excitingly, in 2024, Charles University in Prague (CZ) and the University of Bayreuth (GER) are teaming up to launch a week-long summer school from 23 to 28 September 2024 in Wallenfels (Germany).

⚠️ Application deadline is the end of July 2024 📅 (but early registrations are preferred!)

This international program, tailored for both Master's and PhD students, offers a comprehensive educational experience, provided by lecturers from multiple universities. Expect engaging lectures and hands-on practice, covering cutting-edge quantitative methods and modelling (e.g., R skills, big data analysis, and project management). Join us in the fabulous Franconian forest for a unique learning experience with a community of international peers.🌲

To minimise the barrier to participation, the summer school is fully funded and completely free for the attendees! Our funding covers accommodation and catering costs as well!🤯

For details, including the application procedure, course format and contents, internationally recognized ECTS course credit, and the logistics (travel and accommodation), have a look at our science school website: 🌐bit.ly/SSoQE

Everyone is welcome to apply. Therefore, feel free to forward this to students and supervisors who may be interested.

We are looking forward to seeing you there!🙌

SSoQE Organising Team

Mgr. Ondřej Mottl, Ph.D. (he/him/his)

Assistant Professor of Plant Ecology

Department of Botany, Faculty of Science

Charles University

Benátská 2

128 01 Prague

Czech Republic

Center for Theoretical Study

Charles University

Jilská 1

110 00 Prague

Czech Republic

Visiting address: Benátská 2, 128 01 Prague

Phone: +420 777 617 947

website: https://ondrejmottl.github.io/

ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9796-5081

Twitter: https://twitter.com/OndrejMottl