IRC move to LIbera

Dagmar d'Surreal

Jun 25, 2021, 3:31:25 PM6/25/21
to Root discussions for Nashville 2600
For those unaware, we've moved #Se2600 over to the Libera.chat network.  We are no longer on freenode, and will definitely not be returning there.  Anyone still on freenode claiming to be a representative of this organization (and not merely there to catch stragglers and point them towards Libera) is probably just a liar.

...and personally, I feel the recent actions taken by Rasengan and the new Freenode staff were unprofessional, amateurish, and in many cases downright reprehensible.  I'm not going to go into details because dirty laundry and whatnot, but...

Anyone considering a formal association with Freenode should seriously reconsider. There's just a ton of examples of the new opers there being pretty terrible people.  Misogyny, sexism, racism, and hate speech like what is just not tolerated on other networks... from the opers themselves.

(Don't like people saying that?  Don't hire refugees from 4chan to run your chat network.)

--
Sent from an actual computer.

George Romano

Jun 26, 2021, 8:14:51 AM6/26/21