Nominations for the NAIGC Board

Kyle Thackston

Apr 20, 2020, 2:37:01 PM4/20/20
to NAIGC Discussion
Howdy everyone,

I'd like to make the following nominations for the NAIGC Board of Directors in no particular order:

Tim Michaels: This has been Tim's fourth year as President of the NAIGC. Tim is a strategic leader with great long term goals for the organization. He works well with other organizations in the gymnastics community to promote and advance the NAIGC mission. As a board member, I strongly value Tim's ability to prioritize long term goals and organizational strategy instead of being bogged down with shorter term compromises.

Ian MacDonald: Ian has been Vice President for two years and on the NAIGC Board for 6 years. Ian is a highly skilled organizer and rational decision maker. I have great respect for his judgement and his values, and believe he would continue being a valuable board member in future years.

Sydney Diekmann: As her first year as a Board Member, Sydney has been a strong leader of the NAIGC Growth and Outreach initiatives. Sydney has demonstrated short term progress (for example the new Nationals Financial Aid for new clubs) in addition to setting a long term vision. I think as a board member Sydney has a lot to contribute towards strategic goal setting and creating metrics to evaluate our organization's success.

Billy Suta: Billy is our organization's Treasurer and has done great work increasing our financial transparency and improving the board's financial decision making. Like Ian, I think Billy is a great decision maker and critical thinker and would continue to serve the NAIGC well as a Board Member.

Check out the NAIGC website for more information about the 2020 Board Elections: https://naigc.org/elections-2020/
Nominations close May 1st. You can accept your nomination or nominate yourself by applying here: https://naigc.org/how-to-apply/

For the love of the sport,

Kyle Thackston
NAIGC | Board of Directors | Director
kyle.th...@naigc.org | NAIGC.org | Facebook

Ian MacDonald

Apr 21, 2020, 6:23:16 PM4/21/20
to naigc-di...@naigc.org
Howdy NAIGC members,

I'd like to make the following nominations for the 2020-2021 NAIGC Board. A quick reminder that these nominations are for the governance-focused Board. You can find the differences between Governance roles and Operations roles described here:  https://naigc.org/not-sure-what-to-run-for/

  • Karen Heilman - Karen has been involved with the NAIGC for a long time, and has served in various leadership roles. Specifically she has spent time as the Policy committee chair and I believe detailed analysis and debate around policies to be one of her strong suits.
  • Ashley Ross - Ashley has also served as the chair of the Policy committee and has shown herself to be a strong leader and strategic thinker, which I believe makes her a great candidate for the Board.
  • Missy Preston - Missy has been involved with the NAIGC for several years, although in recent years has scaled back her involvement. She has done more than anyone in recent memory to bring non-profit best practices to the board, and I think working in the Development committee would be a great fit for her.
  • Mason Marek - In the past year Mason has created multiple new policies and has also led the new HR committee. I think he has shown a great ability to get things done and would be a good strategic voice to add to the Board.
Check out the NAIGC website for more information about the 2020 Board Elections: https://naigc.org/elections-2020/
Nominations close May 1st. You can accept your nomination or nominate yourself by applying here: https://naigc.org/how-to-apply/

Gymnastically,

--

Ian MacDonald
NAIGC | Board of Directors | Director | Vice President

Ryan Bradley

Apr 27, 2020, 10:34:51 AM4/27/20
to naigc-di...@naigc.org
I would like to make the following nominations for the NAIGC Board. If you have questions about who you should be voting for, whether you should be running or nominating someone, or what the new Governance Board is all about, please check out https://naigc.org/not-sure-what-to-run-for/ or email in...@naigc.org.

  • Heather Frederick
    Heather has been both the Merchandise Committee Chair and a Regional Coordinator for years. She handles both jobs exceptionally well and is good at both keeping track of organizational details and longer-term planning. In past years she has also been involved with Communications, Event Management, and Policy. Under the new structure, I think she could use her experience as a Regional Coordinator to present the student perspective to the Board and her experience with Merch to set goals and metrics for our continued growth as an organization.
  • Alli Tran
    Alli was the Event Management Committee Chair this year and has been a Regional Coordinator for 3 years. She has worked hard to shift responsibilities around and present compromises between committees in order to prevent some of our hardest workers from getting burned-out. She has good ideas and presents them well. Alli manages to be both vocal about identifying problems and potential solutions and thoughtful when listening to ideas from others. She is also still a student and can help present the student perspective to the Board.
  • Andrew Hutcheson
    Andrew loves this sport and this organization; he is a hard worker, though he can be controversial. He has many years of experience on the Board and as a Regional Coordinator. Unfortunately, his region has yet to host a Regional Championships, but he fulfills all of the other duties exceedingly well. He has always argued passionately for what he believes the membership wants, even if it does not align with his personal desires or the best interests of the organization. Andrew is constantly looking for the perfect solution which is best for everyone, which can make him difficult to work with because he is not satisfied with the solution that is best for "most" people. This uncompromising attitude has led to many hours of discussion (perhaps more hours than needed) and to flared tempers, but it has ultimately been productive in leading to policy improvements over the years. I believe that under the new structure Andrew could provide strong strategic vision without as much negative impact on the day-to-day operations due to his constant search for perfect solutions, sometimes referred to as FOBO (Fear of a Better Option).

--

Ryan Bradley
NAIGC | Board of Directors | Advisor

Mason Marek

Apr 27, 2020, 1:47:13 PM4/27/20
to naigc-di...@naigc.org
Hello NAIGC,

I would like to second the nominations for the following candidates: Kyle Sandberg, Sydney Diekmann, Ashley Ross, and Olivia Ragowansi

Additionally, I would like to nominate the following individuals to the governance board:

Alice (Allie)  Snyder:  Alice has been on the board of directors for two years now and has played a crucial role in improving membership outreach. This past year she served as the Communications Committee Chair, assisted with the newly developed HR Committee, and became involved in the restructuring sub-committee. Like many of our athletes, Alice started gymnastics in college. Her perspective is incredibly important to make sure our beginner athletes can be represented. As a student herself, Alice places significant value on what the membership opinion is, and under the new structure would likely ensure that membership opinions are heard.

Sean Chilleli: Sean has been involved with the board for many years as an advisor. Sean was instrumental in the creation of the beginners guide, and is still involved with clubs on the west coast and in the mid-east. Sean is a recent graduate and has consistently been engaged with clubs. He was excited when called upon to help with NAIGCFit since he is passionate about improving the membership experience. Sean is also an NGJA certified judge and has coached for many years. Sean has experience in finance, an eye for details, and a technical mind well-suited to governance. Sean’s expertise and passion for the NAIGC would provide many valuable assets to the governance board.

It has been an honor to serve on the 2019-2020 Board of Directors for you. I was fortunate to work with many passionate individuals, each of whom provided unique strengths to the organization. Any of the individuals who have been nominated thus far would be exemplary governance directors for the NAIGC.

In the event you are interested volunteering within the NAIGC, I encourage you to read about the election procedure here.

Stay Safe and Happy Flipping,

Mason

Mason Marek
NAIGC | Board of Directors | Director | Social Media Director
mason...@naigc.org | NAIGC.org | Facebook