West Regional Rep and Board Member Nominations

Julie Rolla

Apr 30, 2020, 8:34:35 PM4/30/20
to NAIGC-Discussion
Howdy NAIGC,

I hope everyone is doing well during this difficult time. I'd like to nominate a few fantastic folks -- as well as give a huge thanks to the current NAIGC board; you have all been a great pleasure to work with.

(1) Tony Petelo as a Board Member: I've had the pleasure of working with Tony over the past four years and he has never failed to impress me. He has worked immensely hard as president of UC Berkeley for two years during a very difficult time. UC Berkeley gymnastics club has been fighting to keep their club running during a time of major university changes and has worked tirelessly with the sports club administration, executive board, and chancellor to keep the Cal Gymnastics Club alive. Tony has incredible leadership skills, and work ethic. He is skilled in policy construction and would be a huge asset to NAIGC governance. Tony has also shown extreme professionalism in working with the university liability teams and has used his creative skills to continue to construct solutions that best fit both the university and the club. Tony cares very much about the long-term existence of club gymnastics, as well as the invlovement of students and alumni/adults in the gymnastics community; he has worked tirelessly for Cal, and I am confidence he will do the same for the NAIGC. I highly recommend Tony as a board member.

(2) Kate Malone for Western Regional Representative: I have also had the pleasure of working with Kate over the past two years. Kate is going into her Junior year at the University of California, Berkeley, and has been an officer of the Cal Gymnastics Club for two years. She is always eager to learn -- as well as enthusiastic to help in any way she can. She is very passionate about the gymnastics community, and this region. She is always one of our most excited officers and is a huge asset to Cal's club. Kate is incredibly responsible, easy to communicate with, and is a natural leader. I highly reccomend Kate for the position of Western Regional Rep.

(3) Sarah Shanahan as a Board Member: I have had the pleasure of working with Sarah Shanahan as both (1) coaches of the same gym, and (2) NAIGC athletes in the same club. Sarah is highly experience with both artistic gymnastics, AND tumbling and trampoline. She has been active in helping get more people involved with tumbling and trampoline -- as well as the NAIGC -- and has managed to promote the organization among some of her home gyms in Ireland. Sarah is very responsible and knowledgable as a coach, athlete, and a mecial professional. I believe Sarah would be a great asset to NAIGC governance, as she has always been enthusiastic about improving orgainzation structure and assisting with long-term planning. I also believe she will bring a valuable viewpoint as a T&T and artistic athlete. I highly reccomend Sarah for a board member position.

Flip long and prosper,

Julie Rolla
NAIGC | Board of Directors | Director | Secretary
julie...@naigc.org | NAIGC.org | Facebook

Kate Malone

Apr 30, 2020, 8:50:27 PM4/30/20
to NAIGC-Discussion
Thank you Julie! I am accepting the nomination for the western regional representative position and will be filling out the application later tonight. I would also like to take this time to endorse Tony Petelo as a board member candidate!

Tony Petelo

May 1, 2020, 1:58:32 AM5/1/20
to NAIGC-Discussion
Hi NAIGC,

Julie, I thank you for your nomination. I am excited to share that I already nominated myself as a Board Member candidate, but I appreciate the nomination!

I'd also like to second a few nominations I've seen:

Alice (Allie) Snyder: Allie is a former club president, regional coordinator, and NAIGC Board Member who is very committed to the growth and prosperity of the sport of gymnastics. In addition to her love for the gymnastics community as a whole, she cares about athletes as individuals, as shown by her contributions to the new HR Committee. Allie has been a crucial source of advice as I've been running my club, and her guidance has helped pull Cal through a very difficult period in our club's history. Allie would be a valuable asset to the Board in governing the NAIGC.

Sean Chilelli: Sean is also a former club president, and he has been involved in the NAIGC as an advisor for many years. He has put a lot of energy into making gymnastics accessible to beginners, which has helped the organization grow. Sean's journey as a JO athlete, NAIGC athlete, coach, and judge gives him a holistic view of the sport, as he understands each perspective from first-hand experience. When I've asked him for potential solutions to my university's liability and risk concerns, Sean has demonstrated a rare ability to brainstorm impressively well-developed solutions in a matter of minutes. He understands problems at their root, allowing him to think of effective answers. I admire Sean's professionalism, creative problem solving abilities, and passion for the sport. Sean brings so much to the table, and the NAIGC would be lucky to have more leaders like him.

Mason Marek: Mason is a motivated athlete and leader. When our university was concerned about the safety of Nationals and wanted to speak to a rep from HR, he graciously explained to our Sports Club Director the precautions that the NAIGC takes to keep its members safe. His professional interaction represented the NAIGC well, and put our university's worries at ease. Mason's knowledge and experience make him a fantastic candidate for an NAIGC Board Member.

Sarah Shanahan: Sarah brings unique perspective from her experience in both Artistic Gymnastics and T&T. She understands the sport well as a coach, athlete, and medical professional. Her valuable insights will help guide the NAIGC grow as it branches out into the T&T discipline of gymnastics. Also, Sarah's organizational skills are unparalleled. Sarah's organization, multiple areas of expertise, and passion for the longevity of gymnastics make her a great Board Member candidate.

Happy flipping!
Tony