Democracy 2043!

Myf Nixon

Apr 20, 2023, 5:24:23 AM4/20/23
to mysociety-community
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know about our upcoming free event, A better future: mapping the journey to Democracy 2043

Part of the Festival of Debate, it'll be live streamed as well as in-person in Sheffield.
Wed 24 May 2023, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm.

Whether you'd like to attend in-person or online, please reserve your place at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/a-better-future-mapping-the-journey-to-democracy-2043-tickets-545940301137

Hope you can make it!

Myf,

mySociety

Imagine you had 20 years to shape a better democracy...

...what would that look like? And what do we need to be putting in place now to make it happen?

Most people would agree that we need a healthy democracy: one that's fair, accessible and transparent. It's easy to point to the ways in which our current democracy is not living up to those ideals — but how can we set it on a new, better direction?

At this free event, our panellists will describe their visions for a better future. We'll be asking for yours, too.

Dr Kim Foale, Geeks For Social Change
Geeks for Social Change is a small tech studio creating tools and processes for community liberation.

Emma Geen, Bristol Disability Equality Forum
Bristol Disability Equality Forum works towards a society where Disabled people are respected and valued, and fully included in their communities and the country as a whole.

Joy Green, Systemic Futurist
Joy has fifteen years experience of applying futures, foresight and system change methodologies across a wide range of sectors and organisations.

Immy Kaur, CIVIC SQUARE
CIVIC SQUARE is a neighbourhood lab and creative participatory platform focused on regenerative civic and social infrastructure within neighbourhoods.

Louise Crow, mySociety
Louise started at mySociety as a volunteer and spent several years as a developer and project leader before taking on the role of Chief Executive.