TheySearchForYou

Alec Muffett

Aug 4, 2022, 5:57:39 PM8/4/22
to mysociety-community
One of the biggest challenges I have had with (quite heavy) RSS usage of TheyWorkForYou is curation of topics.

Either I have one search term per RSS query (and bank them together in my RSS client using "folders", but my client prohibits the same term in more than one folder bank; or else I build mega-queries which I cave to redo from scratch when I think of a new term to add.

In the model of my previous https://github.com/alecmuffett/ready-made-twitter-searches, TheySearchForYou helps me (probably not yet 100% portable) curate banks of search terms and presents search-pages and rss-feeds for all of them, plus a "subscribe everything" OPML file.

It's looking promising.  I'm happy to add topics.  Perhaps this might inspire others?

    -a

Alexander Harrowell

Aug 5, 2022, 5:27:53 PM8/5/22
to Alec Muffett, mysociety-community