Reminder: Add your check-in to the UK Democracy Meetup document

James Moulding

Aug 9, 2021, 7:14:14 AM8/9/21
to mysociety-community

Hello everyone,

You can now add your check-in to this fortnight's UK Democracy Meetup document. For those of who you've just signed up to this list, the Democracy Meetup is a fortnightly check-in session, where you can plug your project, let others know what you've been working on, or are working towards - perhaps you've secured new grant funding or are hiring new team members, this is the place to let everyone know.

If this is your first time, or you'd just like to see some friendly faces - join the 30-minute UK Democracy Meetup at 2pm today. We'll be getting together on this shared document.

Can't make 2pm? You can jot down your check-ins and share your updates at any time until tomorrow Tuesday 10th August at 5pm.

Why is this important?

The UK democracy sector is fragmented, we don't speak to each other enough and organisations often miss out on resources, funding, research and useful information that's key to building a better, healthier democracy. We're working to remedy this.

Every fortnight we read every single newsletter from all 750+ democracy organisations in the UK so you don't have to. After you write your check-ins on the meetup document, we summarise these updates, combine them with highlights and key info from the newsletters and distribute them back to this list of more than 250 democracy organisations via the Democracy Bulletin.

We also use this information to populate our jobsfunding & events database and keep the Democracy Handbook up to date with the latest research and news, maintaining a shared knowledge base and archival space for the sector.

Add a fortnightly meetup reminder to your calendar

Can't make it this week but sounds like your thing? Add an event reminder to your calendar.

Check out the last issue of Democracy Bulletin on Medium.

Hope to see you all later,

--

Sign up to our fortnightly email bulletin for a comprehensive download of activity and resources from across the UK democracy sector.