Frontend developer wanted to help build the tech behind local community journalism

Will

Jun 9, 2021, 10:55:29 AM6/9/21
to mysociety-community

Hello!

As the title says I'm looking for a frontend developer :).

Quick background: I'm a developer at The Bristol Cable, a community owned media organisation in Bristol with 2,600+ members. Over the last three years we've been building a membership system that powers our newsroom and community. Fast forward to now and the system is being spun off into it's own project and we're looking for a frontend developer on a 2 day/week freelance contract.

I'm more than happy to go into lots of detail if anyone is interested but for brevity sake I will just say I think this is a really exciting opportunity for a civic-minded developer to help build the tech infrastructure to power local community newsrooms... but then I would think that!

More details here:

Please pass this on to anyone who might be interested, deadline for applications is Friday 25th June.

Thanks,
Will
The Bristol Cable

James Moulding

Jun 21, 2021, 6:12:53 AM6/21/21
to mysociety-community, Will
Hi Will, I'll try and publicise this via the Democracy Handbook

James