MP's Interests / activity tracker question

Chris Weston

Sep 12, 2023, 5:57:27 AM9/12/23
to mysociety-community
Hello folks, I haven't posted in this forum before, was directed here by Edward Saperia - I'm Chris, you may know me from other election tech whatsapp groups etc.

I'm also a member of the WCIT (IT Livery company) and last night at the government panel there was talk of a project by LSE to produce a daily annotated Hansard that used ML/AI to figure out whether interventions / speeches by MPs were related to their declared interests.

I thought this was probably already a thing - does anyone know of a similar project (or maybe even more about this one?)

Thanks
Chris

Alex Parsons

Sep 13, 2023, 5:29:06 AM9/13/23
to Chris Weston, mysociety-community
Hi Chris,

There's some details on that project in this blog post - on my list to check in with them and see how they're doing: https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/polis/2023/06/01/meet-the-2023-journalismai-fellowship-cohort/

Best, Alex

Alex Parsons
Senior Researcher
mySociety

Drop in hours on Thursdays and Fridays: https://calendly.com/mysoc-alex-parsons/

Chris Weston

Sep 15, 2023, 8:43:11 AM9/15/23
to mysociety-community, alex.p...@mysociety.org, mysociety-community, Chris Weston
Thanks Alex.  It was suggested that Politico already do this for subscribers but I can't find any evidence of that myself.

om G

Sep 15, 2023, 7:23:55 PM9/15/23
to mysociety-community, Chris Weston, alex.p...@mysociety.org
Not specifically, but I was starting a project to mine all that public input to seek those who were correct in their predictions as presented to these meetings.