Page Not Found on /report/update

Jon Kristensen

Jan 24, 2024, 12:09:30 PMJan 24
to FixMyStreet
Hi, everyone!

A municipality got in touch with us today and said that they are getting a “Page Not Found” error whenever they assign a report and save the changes. The assignments do go through despite the error though.

The URL mentioned in the “Page Not Found” error is https://hylte.fixamingata.se/report/update. The error can be seen by visiting that URL. The thing is I don't see how they ended up there.

When I assign a report I end up at the reports page for the body in question.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

All the best,
Jon

Jon Kristensen

Jan 29, 2024, 4:42:49 AMJan 29
to FixMyStreet, Jon Kristensen
Just a quick update. The web browser in question which showed the “Page Not Found” error was Chrome Version 120.0.6099.225.

All the best,
Jon

Matthew Somerville

Jan 30, 2024, 4:09:34 AMJan 30
to FixMyStreet
Hi,

If a user has the Manage shortlist permission, then the referrer is stored when loading a report page, and that referrer is then used after the inspector form is submitted, to redirect back to. I think this is so we can try and send someone back to the page they came from - whether that's the /around page, their shortlist page, an all reports page, or so on, but I'm not sure it works in all situations.

In this case, my guess is the municipality made a normal update (which does a POST to /report/update). They then filled in the inspector form and submitted that, and then the auto-redirect after that presumably redirected back to /report/update (as a GET, as that was the referrer) which then returns the 404 as you say (as it's only used for POSTing update forms). I can't see any other way this could happen, anyway. I guess we could try and not use the referrer if the previous page was a POST, which could help with this precise situation, if it is that.

ATB,
Matthew

Jon Kristensen

Feb 13, 2024, 5:18:05 AMFeb 13
to FixMyStreet, matthew
Hi, again!

I can confirm that the bug happens when making a normal update first and the inspector form is used after that.

Thank you!

All the best,
Jon