Search query message "insecure connection"

Frank Cheale

Sep 1, 2023, 8:28:01 AM9/1/23
to FixMyStreet
Hi,

We are currently running fixmystreet and for the most part it's working very well.
We have implemented a https site certificate and connections via https are working fine.

However when entering a search query like a postcode query on the home page we receive a message, "The information you have entered on this page will be sent over an insecure connection....."

In fixmystreet we have configured the general.yml file to use https etc and also nginx redirects to force https rather than http
Eg in general.yml
SECURE_PROXY_SSL_HEADER: [ 'X-Forwarded-Proto', 'https' ]
CONTENT_SECURITY_POLICY: '1'
CONTENT_SECURITY_POLICY: [ 'oursite.co.uk', 'http://oursite.co.uk' ]

I have attempted to find how the search lookup works using Firefox "view source" and noted the reference to http;-

Excuse my limited knowledge in this area, like many of us our resources are stretched and appreciate any pointers as to how to fix.

Kinds regards
Frank

Message has been deleted

Frank Cheale

Sep 27, 2023, 8:32:25 AM9/27/23
to FixMyStreet, Frank Cheale
An update to my earlier message in case it helps someone else.

The issue was finally identified as being the nginx configuration default file located in /etc/default/sites-available/

The following statement was required
  proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto https;

In the catalyst section of the config, ie;
location @catalyst {

The setting proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto https; was set elsewhere in the nginx config file but missing under the @catalyst section

ATB
Frank