Creating problem report page multi-step

Miroslav (Code for Croatia, Popravi.to)

Jul 13, 2021, 2:31:59 PM7/13/21
to FixMyStreet
Hello,
We are working on template and would like to create new report page in a multi-step way, similar it has been done on other FMS custom templates.

I've found this GH commit:

Can you tell me in few words how to make newly created template (or any copied template with a new cobrand name) multi-step form?
Did you use cypress/integration JS and then js-classes in HTML templates?
Some pointers where to look would be helpful for our developer.

Thanks,
Miroslav

Matthew Somerville

Jul 14, 2021, 4:31:18 AM7/14/21
to FixMyStreet
Hi,

That PR and its code is on the main branch of the codebase, so if you
try using that in a testing environment, you'll find it starts using a
multi-step form (you can see the unreleased changes in the CHANGELOG
at the top of https://github.com/mysociety/fixmystreet/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
). You'd hopefully only have to adjust your cobrand if it has
overwritten any of the base templates that have been changed as part
of this (as with any upgrade). Sorry for not doing a release for a
while, I'll see if we can fit one in soon. For what it's worth, we
have the master branch deployed on our instance.

Cypress is what we use for front-end testing, so it will be testing
(as far as it does) that the front end is working okay, but is not
actually used in the running code.

ATB,
Matthew