Lost SD Card.. Athena II Orange Pi

Tristin Franckowiak

Jan 8, 2024, 7:52:53 PMJan 8
to MOST Delta Users
My SD card went missing and I have to start over with a blank sd card. I uploaded Armbian 23.11 Bookworm image to the sd card and then accessing the orange pi through Putty. My question is, do I set the static IP and then try to install franklin?

Kind Regards,
Tristin

Tristin Franckowiak

Jan 8, 2024, 9:04:10 PMJan 8
to MOST Delta Users, Tristin Franckowiak

Attempted to install Franklin having issues finding a few packages. I've tried a few times now following the steps outlined in https://www.appropedia.org/Talk:MSE4777#Franklin_package_install

Now that I'm looking back to when I was in the class (2019), I remember going through this exact issue: trying to start with a fresh micro sd. If I remember correctly, I some how cloned a friends sd card to get it up and running...
unable to locate.PNG

Ben Hubbard

Jan 10, 2024, 8:25:30 AMJan 10
to MOST Delta Users, trfr...@mtu.edu

You’re probably getting a not found error because you have an empty package list. Before calling `apt-get install …`, call `apt-get update`. This requires Internet connection, which a static IP set on your device can interfere with. The better approach is to log into your wifi router and add a rule for it to always assign your printer the same IP address

Ben Hubbard

Jan 10, 2024, 8:29:12 AMJan 10
to MOST Delta Users, Ben Hubbard, trfr...@mtu.edu
More info and links also likely available in the history of this Google group if you give it a dig. You can start here: https://groups.google.com/a/mtu.edu/g/most-delta-users-l/c/JrJeElZYG8A/m/UdYpCBgiCAAJ. I’m typing from mobile, so my navigation is not great right now. Sorry for not having a better answer at the moment.

Tristin Franckowiak

Jan 10, 2024, 6:46:14 PMJan 10
to Ben Hubbard, MOST Delta Users
Hey Ben,

Debian did take an update from 2.2 to 2.4.

But still same issue. I have not set up a static IP. Using wired connection.  I have searched through everything on appropedia and Most with no luck.
20240110_184411.jpg