Re: Abridged summary of most-delta-users-l@mtu.edu - 1 update in 1 topic

Ben Hubbard

Mar 22, 2022, 7:21:27 AM3/22/22
to most-delt...@mtu.edu
Hi joe,

Apologies for the brevity, I’m not near a computer.

The STL’s are linked in this conversation:

I’m not certain on communication with the Melzi, but that isn’t a custom board so it should have its own documentation

There are a multitude of conversations in this Google group about reviving older Athena’s which may be useful to you. As far as firmware goes, unless I miss my mark, octoprint is an alternative firmware to Franklin that you can use. The Athena’s hardware can be interchanged with any variety of of control strategies, Franklin is just the firmware of choice on wthenas because the two were developed together. Octoprint would likely provide more rich support and documentation, but may lose something in terms of calibration capabilities.

Best of luck!

On Mon, Mar 21, 2022 at 13:30 <most-delt...@mtu.edu> wrote:
Jon Genow <j...@swartzgraphics.com>: Mar 20 07:16PM -0700

I've got two Athena Franklin printers, built around 2016 if the teacher
that owns a third remembers correctly. Melzi 3.0 boards with a Beaglebone
green sbc. The two I'm working with don't ...more

Sent from my iPhone, so please excuse my brevity.