Lindsay Hiltunen, elected as 2nd Vice President for the Quincy Mine Hoist Association (QMHA)

Faith Morrison

Jul 15, 2021, 11:10:04 AM7/15/21
to Friends of the Michigan Tech Library News List
Congratulations Lindsay!
Faith

Notables
by Michigan Tech Archives

Lindsay Hiltunen, University Archivist, was recently elected as Second Vice President for the Quincy Mine Hoist Association (QMHA) where she has served as Director of the Board since 2015. The mission of the QMHA is to preserve, interpret and educate the public about the history of copper mining in Michigan, the Quincy Mining Company, and to preserve the mine site.

Jul 15, 2021, 11:13:35 AM7/15/21
to Faith Morrison, Friends of the Michigan Tech Library News List
Thank you so much!

This is very near and dear to me. My grandpa Dave Halkola once served in a similar capacity for Quincy. It's very thrilling for me to walk these new paths, but with familiar traces...

Lindsay Hiltunen
University Archivist
University Archives and Copper Country Historical Collections
PhD Student, Rhetoric, Theory, and Culture, Humanities Department
G13 Van Pelt and Opie Library
(906) 487-2505
leha...@mtu.edu