Friends of Library Annual meeting Thursday

Faith Morrison

Oct 21, 2019, 6:21:40 AM10/21/19
to Friends of the Michigan Tech Library News List
Friends of the Library Annual Meeting and Talk
by Friends of the Michigan Tech Library

The Friends of the Michigan Tech Library will hold its 2019 Annual Meeting from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Thursday (Oct. 24) in the Library 244 (near the bridge to Rekhi Hall). Along with a short business meeting, the event includes a talk on "The Majestic Nature of the North: The Travels of Thomas Kelah Wharton in Antebellum America" by Steven Walton (SS). The presentation will discuss the diary and art of the architect and educator T.K. Wharton, his travels in the Hudson Valley in the 1830s, and a transcontinental trip from New Orleans to Boston and back in 1853.

All members and the public are invited to attend. Refreshments will be served.

--

"At age 20, we worry about what others think of us.  At age 40, we don’t care what they think of us.  At age 60, we discover they haven’t been thinking of us at all."  Ann Landers