Award-Winning Author Mary Doria Russell to Visit Houghton Today and Tomorrow

Faith Morrison

Oct 8, 2019, 8:35:42 AM10/8/19
to RISE...@mtu.edu, Friends of the Michigan Tech Library News List

Award-Winning Author Mary Doria Russell to Visit Houghton Today and Tomorrow

Mary Doria Russell will be coming to Houghton for two special events centered around her recent novel, "The Women of the Copper Country."

A formal lecture will take place at 7 p.m. today (Oct. 8) in the East Reading Room of the Van Pelt and Opie Library. A social hour and book signing will follow the presentation. The second event, an informal book talk and book signing, will take place from 6-8 p.m. tomorrow (Oct. 9) in the PLDL. Refreshments will be served at both events and all are welcome to attend.

For more information about the events contact Katie Edson 7-1636, Lindsay Hiltunen 7-3209 or Michael Stanitis 482-4570. The author’s visit is made possible by a travel grant from the Friends of the Michigan Tech Library and The Women of the Copper Country Planning Committee.