Winter Carnival Updates/Reminders

Brian Kass

Jan 16, 2017, 2:09:54 PM1/16/17
to winterca...@mtu.edu
Dear All,

Here is your weekly email for important dates and reminders regarding Winter Carnival 2017.

1. Vending Applications are available online and due January 23rd by 5:00 pm.

2. Queen Candidates must submit sound and lighting requests to the Blue Key Queens Committee by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday January 18th. Candidates failing to send these requests are automatically deducted 10 points from their overall score.  Send emails to Jordan Dagenais - bkqu...@mtu.edu

3. Organizations who did not make it to the finalist round for Stage Revue must reclaim their checks by 5:00 p.m on Friday January 20th.

4. All Nighter Snow Statue Applications are available online at mtu.edu/carnival under the participate tab.  Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on January 30th.

5. A note regarding work requests from Facilities for things such as snow removal and delivery.  Please be respectful to the people at Facilities.  They are doing the best they can to deal with all the snow we have been getting.  Their first priority is snow removal on roads, sidewalks, and parking lots.  Requests for snow removal and delivery to Statue Sites are handled after necessary snow removal on campus.  Please allow 48 hours for your request to be handled.  Facilities can often get to it well before this 48 hour period ends.  Let me know if you have questions on the process of work requests/snow removal  & delivery and I can get you pointed in the right direction.

6. For all organizations signed up to participate in Special Events, there will be a Mandatory Open Forum/Rules Meeting on Friday January 20th at 6:00 p.m. in M&M U115. A minimum of 1 Representative from each participating organization must attend.

7. Due to Blue Key members on co-op, there are about 6 hours during the week where the office could not be staffed.  I have attached a link to our office hours.  Please check this before making a special trip to the office.  A similar document will be posted on the office door as well.

Please view the Winter Carnival 2017 Rule Book for other important dates and times.  The Rule Book can be found at mtu.edu/carnival under the "Participate" tab if you do not have a copy.

Thank you for your participation and dedication to Winter Carnivial!

--
Brian Kass

Civil Engineering Major
Vice President Blue Key National Honor Society
"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. A leader adjusts the sails." - John Maxwell

Brian Kass

Jan 22, 2017, 8:50:54 PM1/22/17
to winterca...@mtu.edu
Dear All,

Here is your weekly email for important dates and reminders regarding Winter Carnival 2017.

1. Vending Applications are available online and due TOMORROW by 5:00 pm.
Please contact Shaye Maetzold (skma...@mtu.edu) with any questions.

2. All Nighter Snow Statue Applications are available online at mtu.edu/carnival under the participate tab.  Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on January 30th.

3. A MANDATORY All Nighter Snow Statue Safety Meeting will take place on Friday January 27th at 7:00pm in Fisher 139. All organizations planning to build an All Nighter statue must have a representative at this meeting.  Only 1 Representative per organization must attend.

4. Special Events kick off Saturday January 28th with Curling Open Ice.  Please check the schedule of events at mtu.edu/carnival for more information.

5. Due to Blue Key members on co-op, there are a couple hours during the week where the office could not be staffed.  I have attached a link to our office hours.  Please check this before making a special trip to the office.  A similar document will be posted on the office door as well.

Brian Kass

Jan 29, 2017, 9:29:14 PM1/29/17
to winterca...@mtu.edu
Dear All,

Here is your weekly email for important dates and reminders regarding Winter Carnival 2017.

1. Winter Carnival is now less than a week away! Several Special Events will take place this week.  Please check the schedule of events at mtu.edu/carnival

2.The Queens Competition will kick off Winter Carnival week on Saturday February 4th at 7:00pm in the Rozsa Center. Students may vote for a Queen Candidate on Involvement link (https://www.involvement.mtu.edu/). Tickets are $5 in advance and $10 at the door.  You can purchase tickets at www.tickets.mtu.edu

3. Stage Revue will take place on February 9th at 7:00pm in the Rozsa Center.  Tickets are $5 in advance and $10 at the door.  You can purchase tickets at www.tickets.mtu.edu

4. All Nighter Snow Statue Applications are available online at mtu.edu/carnival under the participate tab.  Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Monday January 30th.

Brian Kass

Feb 6, 2017, 7:37:51 AM2/6/17
to winterca...@mtu.edu
Dear All,

Winter Carnival week has arrived!  Here is the last weekly email for important dates and reminders regarding Winter Carnival 2017.

1. Several Special Events will take place this week.  Please check the schedule of events at mtu.edu/carnival

2. Stage Revue will take place on February 9th at 7:00pm in the Rozsa Center.  Tickets are $5 in advance and $10 at the door.  You can purchase tickets at www.tickets.mtu.edu

3. Due to Blue Key members on co-op, there are a couple hours during the week where the office could not be staffed.  I have attached a link to our office hours.  Please check this before making a special trip to the office.  A similar document will be posted on the office door as well.  Some office hours are subject to change for carnival week.  There are times when Blue Key members may be away and working Winter Carnival events.

Please view the Winter Carnival 2017 Rule Book for other important dates and times.  The Rule Book can be found at mtu.edu/carnival under the "Participate" tab if you do not have a copy.

Thank you for your participation and dedication to Winter Carnivial!  I am sure this will be a fun and memorable week for the campus and local community!