Ice Fishing Scoring Clarification

1 view

Brian Kass

Feb 6, 2017, 7:46:16 AM2/6/17
to winterca...@mtu.edu
Hi All,

I just want to provide a short explanation/clarification on how ice fishing was scored this year.

The fishing was not that good on Chassell Bay this past Saturday.  As a result, only 3 teams caught fish eligible for weighing. The special events committee decided to only give points beyond participation to the three teams who caught fish. This was implemented regardless of class/division.

The three teams who caught fish were broken into their respective divisions and ranked appropriately.   Each team who participated and did not catch fish received 1 point towards their winter carnival total.  They did not feel it was fair to give a range of scores to teams who all produced the same result of no fish.

Brian Kass

Civil Engineering Major
Vice President Blue Key National Honor Society
"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. A leader adjusts the sails." - John Maxwell