New module owners for "libjar", "Launcher Process", "DLL Services", and "IPC: MSCOM" modules

Aaron Klotz

Aug 13, 2021, 12:10:56 PM8/13/21
to gover...@mozilla.org
Hi everyone,

Due to my imminent departure as a MoCo employee, I am turning over
ownership of my modules.

Valentin Gosu will be stepping up from being a peer to take ownership
over libjar. He has done quite a bit of work in that code and has also
reviewed a lot of patches. I think it is fitting that a Necko developer
finally takes over this module!

Toshihito Kikuchi will be taking over the Launcher Process and DLL
Services. Toshi has spent much (most?) of the last two years working on
the code in these modules and has developed a firm grasp of their
workings. I look forward to seeing where he takes them from here!

Finally, Jamie Teh will be taking over IPC: MSCOM. Jamie worked closely
with me during development of that module even prior to his joining
Mozilla. He has been a peer ever since he joined MoCo full-time, and has
continued to land in this area in support of his a11y work. Jamie and I
agree that it is important to develop new peers for this module, and we
anticipate that a few of our colleagues will soon grow into those roles.

I would like to thank Valentin, Toshihito, and Jamie for agreeing to
take on these modules, and wish them success in their new roles.

Thanks,

Aaron