New module owners for Firefox Accounts and Firefox Sync

Ryan Kelly

Aug 2, 2021, 2:32:05 AM8/2/21
to gover...@mozilla.org, Danny Coates, Mark Hammond, Ryan Kelly

Hi Folks,

I will be leaving Mozilla in mid-August and will no longer be able to act in a Module Ownership role, so I propose the following changes to our Account- and Sync-related modules.

Mark Hammond has agreed to become the new Module Owner for Firefox Sync [1]. Given his many years of experience improving reliability in the Desktop Sync codebase and his key role in shipping new Sync- and Storage-related components for our mobile browsers, I'm confident he will provide excellent technical oversight across the whole family of connected Firefox products.

Danny Coates has agreed to become the new Module Owner for Firefox Accounts [2]. Danny has played a key role in our account system since its inception, leading initial development of the Firefox Accounts server infrastructure way back in the days of Firefox 29, and he will provide strong technical leadership for FxA and its growing suite of product integrations.

In both cases I will move myself to "Owner Emeritus".

Barring objections, I will make the relevant changes on the wiki by end of week.

  Cheers,

    Ryan

Ryan Kelly

Aug 8, 2021, 8:01:20 PM8/8/21
to gover...@mozilla.org, Danny Coates, Mark Hammond

I have gone ahead and made the below changes to module ownership; congratulations Mark and Danny!

  Ryan