Glean Debug Ping Viewer Revamp

Bruno Rosa

Jan 12, 2023, 10:49:28 AM1/12/23
to fx-da...@mozilla.org
Hello!

tl;dr: We've revamped the Glean Debug Ping Viewer.

What did we change?
We've made some major improvements to the Glean Debug Ping Viewer. The goal of this work was to make the debugging experience with Glean more pleasant and get you to your data faster.

New features include:
- Individual pages and shareable URLs for each ping
- Events Improvements
    - Interactive event timeline
    - Aggregate counts of event names and categories
    - More structured display of event data
- Metric visualizations
- Ability to link directly to a line or group of lines for a ping
- Quick copy of prettified JSON
- Searching/Filtering for Debug Tags and Pings
- Easier navigation between pages
- Light and Dark mode
- And more!

Please feel free to contact the Glean team directly in Matrix or Slack at #glean if you want to provide feedback, report a bug, or submit a feature request. If there is something you would like to see or think could help, we'd love to hear about it!

Useful Links

--

Bruno Rosa

Alessio Placitelli

Jan 12, 2023, 12:33:44 PM1/12/23
to Bruno Rosa, fx-da...@mozilla.org
Great job Bruno! This is a long overdue revamp :)