Some data loss between 2021-11-16 17:44-18:10 UTC

Wesley Dawson

Nov 16, 2021, 2:51:00 PM11/16/21
to fx-da...@mozilla.org
Data Users - You may have seen an email with subject "UNPLANNED: Mozilla Services Issue" earlier today. This issue affected data ingestion between 2021-11-16 17:44 to 18:10 UTC, or 26 minutes. See [1] for details. Because the behavior of GCLB was to return 404s during this period, clients are not expected to retry to submit affected requests and consequently numbers may be lower for today than would be otherwise expected.

We'll be asking Data Science to measure the impact of this outage on KPIs, but we expect the impact to be relatively minimal.

Feel free to reach out on #data-help in Slack or #telemetry on chat.mozilla.org if you have questions.

-whd