Intent to archive unused Github repos in the Mozilla org

Andrew Erickson

Dec 20, 2021, 12:25:31 PM12/20/21
to fx-da...@mozilla.org, Hal Wine, Christopher Knowles
This is to inform you that starting on Jan 11, 2022 IT will be archiving any GitHub repos in the Mozilla org that have not been updated since April 1, 2019. Archiving the repo will make it read only.

Per GitHub best practices, we will be closing all open issues and PRs (after labelling them as having been closed as part of archiving). Anyone who is subscribed to the repo may receive emails due to this archiving activity.

In order to limit the impact of email flooding we will only be archiving < 100 repos per day.

The archiving process is reversible, so if a repo that should not be archived IS archived, it can be easily rolled back. In order to do that, please file a bug here, with the repo name, and a brief description of how it is still in use.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to ghe-a...@mozilla.com or #github-admin on matrix.