Question on Mozilla account endpoint status

Chris Tybur

May 20, 2024, 4:01:42 AMMay 20
to firef...@mozilla.org
I not sure where else to post this question, so if there is a better venue please let me know.

I have an ASP.NET Core web service which logs into my Mozilla account and fetches the bookmarks from my Sync storage. It uses the BrowserID protocol and up until May 9th, 2024, it worked perfectly fine. But suddenly I'm getting a 404 when trying to POST to https://api.accounts.firefox.com/v1/certificate/sign as part of the authentication process. My code has not changed so I assume something on the other end has.

Is that endpoint currently down? Has it been decommissioned or changed in some fundamental way?

Thanks,

Chris Tybur

Dave Townsend

May 20, 2024, 4:07:59 AMMay 20