PSA: Prettier upgrade & enabling on production HTML happening on Saturday 20th

Mark Banner

May 17, 2023, 8:25:35 AM5/17/23
to firefox-dev list, dev-pl...@mozilla.org

If all goes well, I will be landing patches on Saturday (20th May) to upgrade Prettier and also enable it on production html/xhtml files.

This upgrade does affect a large number of JavaScript files, though most of the changes to the files are quite small, I would however expect some bitrot.

I am hoping to land the patches on Saturday morning, autoland will need to be closed for a few hours whilst I regenerate and validate the patches.

At the moment we are only enabling Prettier on production html files. We will be investigating test files in the future, and they may be happen in more of a progressive roll-out due to the amount of files and attention needed.

If there are any concerns or questions, please raise them in #lint:mozilla.org on Matrix.

Mark.

Mark Banner

May 20, 2023, 11:46:00 AM5/20/23
to firefox-dev list, dev-pl...@mozilla.org

This has now been landed on autoland.

Assuming no late issues are found, this should hopefully be in the next merge.

Mark.