Re: [Mozilla Enterprise] Enterprise mailing list move this Saturday

Paul Kosinski

Apr 10, 2021, 4:39:28 PMApr 10
to enter...@mozilla.org, Corey Shields
The statement "No action is required" is incorrect.

All the Enterprise emails since the switch have ended up in my spam bucket files. (These files contain entire email bodies with headers, but they are otherwise undifferentiated).

The reason for this is that I set up different email accounts (on our domain) for different FOSS mailing lists. But these aren't "real" email accounts but are redirected to the real account after being carefully filtered (because such email addresses have been captured by spammers). Unfortunately, the filtering assumed that "mail.mozilla.org" would still be among the "Received:" headers, and, not ever having used Google Groups, I didn't know what filter changes might be needed.

It's perhaps a little late, since the switch has already occurred, but there should be a warning for subscribers to check their filters.

P.S. I will have to reanalyze my filters, as allowing Google Groups as a whole might pass through too much.

P.P.S. I could probably extract the "lost" emails with formail, but I'm not sure it's worth it (even to keep my almost 7 years of people's postings up to date).

On Mon, 29 Mar 2021 11:40:37 -0400
Corey Shields <cshi...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> We are in the process of decommissioning the Mailman list server hosted at
> mail.mozilla.org. This list, enter...@mozilla.org, will migrate to a
> public Google Group on Saturday April 3.
>
> *** No action is required on your part and the email destination for
> enter...@mozilla.org <enter...@mozilla.org> will not change ***
>
> Once the migration is complete, those of you signed up to receive each
> email should see no difference. Digest subscribers will notice a change to
> a daily digest. Unfortunately there is no option allowed for longer digests.

Andrew C Aitchison

Apr 10, 2021, 5:27:56 PMApr 10
to Paul Kosinski, enter...@mozilla.org, Corey Shields
On Sat, 10 Apr 2021, 'Paul Kosinski' via enter...@mozilla.org wrote:

> The statement "No action is required" is incorrect.
>
> All the Enterprise emails since the switch have ended up in my spam
> bucket files. (These files contain entire email bodies with headers,
> but they are otherwise undifferentiated).
>
> The reason for this is that I set up different email accounts (on
> our domain) for different FOSS mailing lists. But these aren't
> "real" email accounts but are redirected to the real account after
> being carefully filtered (because such email addresses have been
> captured by spammers). Unfortunately, the filtering assumed that
> "mail.mozilla.org" would still be among the "Received:" headers,
> and, not ever having used Google Groups, I didn't know what filter
> changes might be needed.

I was filtering on this header line and it has continued to work:

--
Andrew C. Aitchison Kendal, UK
and...@aitchison.me.uk