I have some end users that are downloading a custom file type (.redars) that are 3D .pdf files that need to open in Adobe in order to function properly. Normally we use the internal pdf reader otherwise so as to make the process as seamless as possible for those not using these .redars files. Up until recently, I’m told that this was working as expected for managed devices that had .redars set to Acrobat and .pdf files set to Firefox, but now Firefox is recognizing these .redars files as .pdf files and following those rules.
Any ideas what could be happening here? I found a couple sort-of-references to this sort of issue on the support site, but the group I’m assisting is having issues understanding what a solution could look like.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "enter...@mozilla.org" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to enterprise+...@mozilla.org.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/mozilla.org/d/msgid/enterprise/e96b14110eb141779cf54eed5a5bf24d%40boeing.com.
Looks like this was the key. We changed the mime type to "application/redars" and it fixed the download issue. We verified this fix in firefox 102.3.0esr.
From: Mike Kaply <mka...@mozilla.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2022 13:19
To: Keightley (US), Simon Q <simon.q....@boeing.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Mozilla Enterprise] File types with non-standard extensions opening