incompatibility of web site with Firefox?

khfp.m...@gmx.de

Sep 28, 2022, 5:18:02 AM9/28/22
to enter...@mozilla.org
Hi,

I have tested this with Firefox ESR 102.3.0 and Firefox 105.0.1 (portable) on Windows.
Both show a spinning circle for

The "network" tab in web developer tools shows

  NS_BINDING_ABORTED

and in the console I see

  Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.

but I am not familiar enough with modern web technologies to debug this further.

Strangely enough, if I press the reload button or enter the URL in the address bar repeatedly
the page _will_ eventually show the expected behaviour of redirecting to

The site works in Microsoft Edge.

Is this a bug in Firefox or, as I suspect, a lack of browser testing by the site's developers?

ciao
      Klaus

Wes Kocher

Sep 28, 2022, 5:23:54 AM9/28/22
to enter...@mozilla.org

Mike Kaply

Sep 29, 2022, 2:23:54 AM9/29/22
to khfp.m...@gmx.de, enter...@mozilla.org
The best place to report this bug is here:

This definitely looks like a Firefox incompatibility.

Mike

Paul Kosinski

Sep 29, 2022, 11:09:13 AM9/29/22
to enter...@mozilla.org
IIRC, Firefox is the only major browser based on something other than Chrome's engine. Perhaps the site wasn't (fully) tested with Firefox. Maybe we are soon returning to sites saying "works best with Browser-X"?