Updated Enterprise Policy Generator?

Tim Parks Jr.

Mar 9, 2024, 10:28:57 AMMar 9
to enter...@mozilla.org
Hello, I'm looking at again using Firefox, and in the past I've used the Enterprise Policy Generator plugin (cck2 before). But I've noticed it hasn't been updated in several years. Certainly, there have been new policies since 2020? Is there another tool anyone is using to quickly generate policy files? (I'm not using active directory or intune).

Thanks!

Florent Lagoda

Mar 11, 2024, 4:08:58 AMMar 11
to Tim Parks Jr., enter...@mozilla.org
Le 09/03/2024 à 16:28, Tim Parks Jr. a écrit :
Hello, I'm looking at again using Firefox, and in the past I've used the Enterprise Policy Generator plugin (cck2 before). But I've noticed it hasn't been updated in several years. Certainly, there have been new policies since 2020? Is there another tool anyone is using to quickly generate policy files? (I'm not using active directory or intune).

Thanks!

Hi, now you can use Policies (gpo or json files), works very well : https://github.com/mozilla/policy-templates/

Regards

--
Florent LAGODA - Université Rennes 2
Direction du Système d'Information (DSI) - Pôle Proximité

Mike Kaply

Mar 11, 2024, 10:31:31 AMMar 11
to Tim Parks Jr., enter...@mozilla.org
The CCK2 was always kind of a hack because Firefox never had proper enterprise support.

See my post from years ago:

We have much better options now (as Florent pointed out)

Mike