Firefox 89 and Proton

Thane K. Sherrington

May 10, 2021, 3:39:45 PMMay 10
to enter...@mozilla.org
I'm just wondering why Firefox feels it is necessary to keep changing the user interface on a fairly regular basis.  Is there a test group out there that is screaming for UI/UX changes?  I've never met anyone who likes UI changes (even good ones) and everytime I read an article about a Firefox UI change, the comments are always negative.

Is there a way for people like me who support Firefox to give our opinions to the Firefox elite who makes decisions on this sort of thing?

I work with regular end users (home and small business).  Do you know what they want in a browser?  Speed is the first thing they want.  The faster a page renders, the happier they are.  Then they want it to be simple, and not change once they learn it.  Then compatibility with websites.  Then stability.  I've never heard one of them say "you know, I'd really like it if the UI changed".

I'm also very tired of changes (like the printing one that happened recently) that meant I had to field support calls on "how come my printing doesn't work anymore?"  As an unpaid Firefox evangelist, it'd be nice if Mozilla worked to make my life easier.

Please Mozilla, focus on the important stuff and leave the UI alone.

--
Thane K. Sherrington

Computer Connection, Ltd. ...taking the mystery out of computers since 1982.
Winner of the 2012 Ian Spencer - Excellence in Business Award
Thanks for making us the Reader's Choice Best Computer Store in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019!
95 College St., Antigonish,
NS B2G 1X6
902-863-3361 (phone)
902-863-2580 (fax)
th...@computerconnectionltd.com

Luca Manganelli

May 13, 2021, 3:41:43 AMMay 13
to Thane K. Sherrington, enter...@mozilla.org
Il giorno lun 10 mag 2021 alle ore 21:39 Thane K. Sherrington <th...@computerconnectionltd.com> ha scritto:

> I'm just wondering why Firefox feels it is necessary to keep changing the user interface on a fairly regular basis.  Is there a test group out there that is screaming for UI/UX changes?  I've never met anyone who likes UI changes (even good ones) and everytime I read an article about a Firefox UI change, the comments are always negative.
>
> Is there a way for people like me who support Firefox to give our opinions to the Firefox elite who makes decisions on this sort of thing?
>
> I work with regular end users (home and small business).  Do you know what they want in a browser?  Speed is the first thing they want.  The faster a page renders, the happier they are.  Then they want it to be simple, and not change once they learn it.  Then compatibility with websites.  Then stability.  I've never heard one of them say "you know, I'd really like it if the UI changed".
>
> I'm also very tired of changes (like the printing one that happened recently) that meant I had to field support calls on "how come my printing doesn't work anymore?"  As an unpaid Firefox evangelist, it'd be nice if Mozilla worked to make my life easier.
>
> Please Mozilla, focus on the important stuff and leave the UI alone.

I agree with you.
The last UI change is recent and it's useless to change it again and again.