Weird issues on Windows 10 w/ESR102.2

Jim Weill

Sep 16, 2022, 1:59:21 PM9/16/22
to enter...@mozilla.org
Since trying out ESR102.2 the last week, I'm finding that search bars on websites won't take my entries, and some sites refuse to load at all.  Is this something anyone else is experiencing?

For instance:  we order from CDW at work.  I can enter text into the search bar, but if I hit Enter, or click the magnifying glass, nothing happens.

Our network is managed by Mist networks, and their page does not even load for me to enter my credentials.

I've tried uninstalling all plugins and still find the same behavior.  Anything else I should be looking into?

jim

Jason Jackson

Sep 16, 2022, 2:46:08 PM9/16/22
to enter...@mozilla.org

Hi Jim,

I use Windows 10 and CDW as well and recently updated to ESC 102.2.  I’m not seeing the problem you described.

Does it happen in a private window?  If this makes the problem go away, then it’s something in your profile on that computer causing the issue.

Jason Jackson

Systems & Network Administrator

North Vancouver School District

Sep 16, 2022, 3:15:35 PM9/16/22
to Jim Weill, enterprise
I would check both the Web Console and the Network monitor tools in Firefox's developer tools when you attempt to submit a search to see if any errors are being logged and if any network requests are actually going out. Seeing those errors, if they exist, would help debugging this.

Jim Weill

Sep 16, 2022, 4:58:40 PM9/16/22
to Jason Jackson, enter...@mozilla.org
I should've tried the private window before posting.  It does work in private mode, I guess I'll be re-creating a profile soon....

Thanks for the response!

jim

Jim Weill

Sep 21, 2022, 7:00:35 PM9/21/22
to Jason Jackson, enter...@mozilla.org
Recreated a profile from a blank template, copied over logins.json and key4.db from the old profile, but the saved logins keep coming up "Error: missing field" when I try to import them from the previous profile's CSV export.  Browser console has a lot of "Couldn't decrypt string" and "User canceled primary password entry" all through it after the import fails.  What am I doing wrong here?

jim

Mike Kaply

Sep 23, 2022, 9:48:44 AM9/23/22
to Jim Weill, Jason Jackson, enter...@mozilla.org
On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 7:00 PM Jim Weill <moo...@icsi.berkeley.edu> wrote:
Recreated a profile from a blank template, copied over logins.json and key4.db from the old profile, but the saved logins keep coming up "Error: missing field" when I try to import them from the previous profile's CSV export.  Browser console has a lot of "Couldn't decrypt string" and "User canceled primary password entry" all through it after the import fails.  What am I doing wrong here?

We think you're missing other files. If you copy all the files in the profile, does it work?

Mike