Setting Firefox as Email client

Thane K. Sherrington

Nov 4, 2022, 1:18:12 PM11/4/22
to enter...@mozilla.org
I am trying to set up Firefox as the Email client in W10 x64.  I have latest W10 x64 with all updates and latest FF x64.  I set the mailto: in Firefox to Gmail, and I set Firefox as the Email client in Default Apps, but when I use the Send to Email Recipient, either nothing happens, or I get the message saying there is no default email client.

Is there a fix or work around for this?

Thanks,
--
Thane K. Sherrington

Computer Connection, Ltd. ...taking the mystery out of computers since 1982.
Winner of the 2012 Ian Spencer - Excellence in Business Award
Thanks for making us the Reader's Choice Best Computer Store in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019!
95 College St., Antigonish,
NS B2G 1X6
902-863-3361 (phone)
902-863-2580 (fax)
th...@computerconnectionltd.com

Mike Kaply

Nov 7, 2022, 9:32:55 AM11/7/22
to Thane K. Sherrington, enter...@mozilla.org
We have a bug that seems similar:

Where are you clicking "send to email recipient"?

Mike Kaply

Nov 7, 2022, 9:35:43 AM11/7/22
to Thane K. Sherrington, enter...@mozilla.org
And how are you setting Firefox as the default mail client? I don't see a way to do that on Windows 11.

Mike

Thane K. Sherrington

Nov 8, 2022, 12:49:10 PM11/8/22
to Mike Kaply, enter...@mozilla.org
Hi Mike,
    I was doing it through WordPerfect and in Windows Explorer.

Thane K. Sherrington

Computer Connection, Ltd. ...taking the mystery out of computers since 1982.
Winner of the 2012 Ian Spencer - Excellence in Business Award
Thanks for making us the Reader's Choice Best Computer Store in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019!
95 College St., Antigonish,
NS B2G 1X6
902-863-3361 (phone)
902-863-2580 (fax)
th...@computerconnectionltd.com

Thane K. Sherrington

Nov 8, 2022, 12:50:02 PM11/8/22
to Mike Kaply, enter...@mozilla.org
Hi Mike,
    I was using Windows 10.  It showed up as an option in Default Apps.  I just tried it on my personal computer, and it shows up there in W10.