Display name change on Windows

Tiago Marques Delboni

Oct 6, 2021, 12:19:27 PM10/6/21
to enter...@mozilla.org

Hi!

I've just upgraded 78.10.1 to 78.15.0 and noticed that the display name on Windows has changed

FROM
"Mozilla Firefox ${version} ESR (${arch} ${lang})"

"Mozilla Firefox ESR (${arch} ${lang})"

Was it intentional? The first pattern was in use as far as I can remember... Since Puppet rely on display name, we'll need to adapt our install script.

--

Tiago Marques Delboni
Gerência de Aplicações e Suporte a Clientes / GTI

Assembleia Legislativa de Minas Gerais Facebook da Assembleia Twitter da Assembleia Instagram da Assembleia Youtube da Assembleia

Mike Kaply

Oct 6, 2021, 12:28:52 PM10/6/21
to Tiago Marques Delboni, enter...@mozilla.org
Yes, sorry I should have pointed this out in release notes.

Basically we had feedback that using the version was redundant (because there's a separate version field) and made it so that people had to update their rules with every release.

This should make it easier to not have to change things every time.

Mike