Policy for proxy not active

Fjoerfoks

Jan 25, 2024, 9:22:35 AMJan 25
to Mozilla Enterprise Working Group
Hi,

We have set our policies for users to not be able to change proxy settings, but they are not greyed out in the settings menu. We use Ivanti Workspace Manager.
How can we solve this?

Kind regards,
Wim

Mike Kaply

Jan 25, 2024, 9:28:13 AMJan 25
to Fjoerfoks, Mozilla Enterprise Working Group
When you go to about:policies, does the proxy setting show as locked?

Mike

Fjoerfoks

Jan 25, 2024, 10:12:27 AMJan 25
to Mike Kaply, Mozilla Enterprise Working Group
Yes.
Proxy - Locked - true.

Mike Kaply

Jan 25, 2024, 10:22:22 AMJan 25
to Fjoerfoks, Mozilla Enterprise Working Group
So it looks like the policy only locks Proxy settings if something is set (like connection type for instance).

But just locking proxy without setting anything else isn't working.

Do you set any proxy settings?

I'll open a bug for this.

Mike

Fjoerfoks

Jan 25, 2024, 10:48:45 AMJan 25
to Mike Kaply, Mozilla Enterprise Working Group
Hi Mike,

That was it indeed. I have made 1 setting 'No proxy' and now it is greyed out.
Thanks!

Wim