Inspect Firefox DOM components

Benedict, Stew

Mar 11, 2022, 11:51:07 AM3/11/22
to enter...@mozilla.org

How does one go about inspecting Firefox's own DOM/css to tweak appearance these days (ESR 91.6 RHEL7)?
I thought in the past I could use the inspector to inspect Firefox's own window.

In particular, we want to suppress the visibility of the urlbar and the sandwich menu.  The userChrome.css I was using before (68.2, we're very slow to update) is not working:

/* Remove the UI "sandwich" button */
#PanelUI-menu-button
{
    display: none !important;
}
/* Remove the urlbar */
#urlbar
{
    display: none !important;
}

Thanks!

1461351937967_signet.png
Stew Benedict
p 330-665-6588 | 375 Ghent Rd.
                              | Akron, Ohio 44333

The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communications in error, please immediately notify us by telephone (330-668-5000), and destroy the original message. Thank you.

Mike Kaply

Mar 11, 2022, 6:27:10 PM3/11/22
to Benedict, Stew, enter...@mozilla.org

Benedict, Stew

Mar 15, 2022, 12:31:09 PM3/15/22
to Mike Kaply, enter...@mozilla.org
Thanks. I knew I was missing something. Will update my notes.
Looks like I have the right naming, at least for the menu. urlbar looks like it's urlbar-container, which I also saw in prefs.js and tried. Will have to try and work out why they don't seem to be getting hidden. I did find your response from 2 years ago suggesting setting height 0px.

1461351937967_signet.png
Stew Benedict
p 330-665-6588 | 375 Ghent Rd.