Lost 'Check your spelling as you type' with 91.7.0 on Linux

1 view

James Pearson

Mar 11, 2022, 7:12:13 AM3/11/22
to enter...@mozilla.org
Since upgrading to ESR 91.7.0 (on CentOS 7.9), I no longer get the 'red squiggly' lines under misspelt words with text input

It works fine with ESR 91.6.1 (and earlier)

'Check your spelling as you type' is on in Settings

I'm using 'English (United Kingdom)' as my Language setting

I had a quick look on the Mozilla Bugzilla, but couldn't find a similar issue - so wondering if it something with my set up ?

Does anyone else have this issue with ESR 91.7.0 ?

Thanks

James Pearson

James Pearson

Mar 11, 2022, 11:31:49 AM3/11/22
to enter...@mozilla.org
Looks like I was previously using the 'en-US' ESR builds - but for ESR 91.7.0, I was using the 'en-GB' build

Installing the ESR 91.7.0 'en-US' ESR build - and all is fine ...

No idea why the 'en-GB' build had this problem ?

James Pearson
On Fri, 11 Mar 2022, James Pearson wrote:

> Looks like I was previously using the 'en-US' ESR builds - but for ESR 91.7.0, I was using the 'en-GB' build
>
> Installing the ESR 91.7.0 'en-US' ESR build - and all is fine ...
>
> No idea why the 'en-GB' build had this problem ?

If firefox could not find any of your selected dictionaries,
that would be reasonable behaviour.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison Kendal, UK
and...@aitchison.me.uk